A group of Chorus members travel on a Choral Tour every three years. You must be a member of the Chorus in the Spring Semester to go on the trip. In the past we have traveled to Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, France and Great Britain.
We hope to resume our international travel in the future.
Seacoast Community Chorus was planning to sing in Germany in 2020!
Our itinerary included:
BERLIN The ever-changing city. Tour itinerary to include:
- The Brandenburg Gate -focal point of Berlin’s history.
- The Reichstag, official seat of the German parliament. Redesigned in 1997-99 it has a vast egg shaped dome with a walk up ramp and viewing cupola plus a luxury restaurant on the roof.
- Holocaust Memorial- not to be missed
- The Berlin Wall – its rise and fall
- Haus am Checkpoint Charlie, a replica stands next to Cafe Adler
- Concert Venue TBC (to be confirmed)
LEIPZIG The City of Heroes. Famous as the home of J.S. Bach. Mozart and Mendelssohn performed here and Wagner was born here. Tour itinerary to include:
- Bach Museum
- Dinner at the famous Auerbachs Keller restaurant
- Concert Venue TCB
DRESDEN Florence on the Elbe. Amazing reconstruction after World War II.
- The Zwinger
- Cathedral of the Holy Trinity
- The Frauenkirche
- Concert venue (TBC)